Why Tattoo has become so fashionable and what awaits it in the future?
In recent years, the tattoo industry has expanded its boundaries. There have been significant changes in the technique and quality of the tattoo. More and more people at a conscious age began to visit tattoo parlors. And society condemns those who make themselves tattoos. We researched tattoo as a trend based on the comments of the general opinion of random people, as well as tattoo artists. We found out what changes have taken place in the tattoo industry and what will happen to tattoos next.
The art of tattooing appeared in the period of the primitive system, changed, transformed and is still relevant. In the USA, tattoos became popular in the 60s. This is due to the development of rock music: artists usually had a lot of drawings on their bodies, which aroused the interest of fans.
Here’s an example of how Americans’ attitudes towards tattoos have changed over time:
- 2000: 15% of Americans have tattoos, approximately 40 million (Pew Research Center);
- 2002: 8 Americans had 1 tattoo (Esquire magazine);
- 2003: 36% of those aged 25-29 have one or more tattoos (results from research consultancy Harris Poll);
- 2005: only 6% were able to completely get rid of a tattoo;
- 2006: 24% of Americans ages 18-50 have a tattoo – that’s almost one in four (Journal of the American Academy of Dermatology);
- 36% of Americans aged 18-29 have at least 1 tattoo (survey results);
2012: Approximately 2,000 interviewees. Of these: 21% have at least one tattoo, the difference between the mid-2000s is 5%.
- West coast – 26%, east coast – 21%,
- South of the USA – 18%.
Aged tattoo fans:
- from 18 to 24 – 22%;
- from 25 to 29 – 30%;
- from 30 to 39 years old – 38%;
- 86% of those who do not regret their tattoo;
- 30% said they were sexier;
- 9% – began to feel better, 8% – became smarter. (American rating company Harris Interactive);
2015: 29% of Americans have at least 1 tattoo (The Harris survey), the tattoo market in the US is estimated at $ 1 billion.
- 2019: There are over 20,000 tattoo parlors in the US. The number grows by one every day;
- 30% of all college graduates in the United States have tattoos;
- 5% of those who cover old tattoos with new ones;
- 49% consider the reputation of the salon and the artist to be an important factor;
- 43% need a tattoo sense, for 8% price is the most important factor;
- In the US, 15% of men and 13% of girls have tattoos;
- 36% of military veterans and those currently serving in the United States Army have tattoos;
- 69% of people do not consider people with tattoos perverted (good attitude in society);
- 32% believe they are tattoo addicted;
Reasons to get a tattoo:
- 70% of people expressed a desire to become more attractive, to improve their appearance;
- 60% want to improve their social status with the help of a tattoo;
- 30% get a tattoo to stand out from the crowd;
- Also, 30% say that a tattoo for them is the beginning of a new life.
How is tattoo related to design?
Professional designers generally have a positive attitude towards tattoos, willingly decorating their bodies with drawings.
People are growing up and already understand what they want. But also many people make tattoos just to be, and someone already carries some meaning, some kind of story. People began to realize that this is cool, that this is not some kind of zone. Now it has become a trend: if you have a tattoo, you are rock!
The tattoo has become popular because it has improved in quality. Everyone comes to the industry, professionals remain. There are more talented people, the profession has become open. Tattoos have become beautiful: if before you look at a person and he goes like a draft, now you look like a gallery.
“If the master is good, the result is impressive: a three-dimensional picture on the body looks much more interesting than a flat one on paper.”
When choosing a sketch, the style in which the work will be done is very important. A lot of details or abstraction, minimalism or a large tattoo and whether to follow the fashion trends – these are the questions that every person who wants to “inked tattoo”.
Maybe you can see the style of tattoo https://beautly.com/wolf-tattoo/
Ignoring trends. I am for creativity, and a tattoo is a reflection of a person’s personality. That is, if SpongeBob becomes wildly popular, everyone will do it – this is a trend. Previously, there were some trends, because there was very little information, few masters, technicians. Therefore, before everyone did hieroglyphs and the like – it was a trend, but now the industry is already very developed. It’s like in cars, there are many of them: what is the trend? I think you can’t choose one thing in a tattoo either.
“The fashion for tattoos will be until the whole industry dies.”